Colton is originally from Minot, ND were throughout high school and college he trained for athletic performance with the final semester of his undergraduate degree being spent in Columbus, OH with Matt which was undoubtedly one of the best decisions that he could have chosen as it provided me with a clear lens to look through when approaching training, recovery, and assessment of any population.
Following his time with Matt he served as a graduate assistant in the Sports Performance Department at the University of Kansas where he worked exclusively with Men’s and Women’s Track and Field under the direction of John Baumann who would become my second great mentor and, like Matt, would help put him in touch with some of the best professionals in the business.
He completed his time at KU and moved to South Dakota after accepting a position as the Assistant S&C coach working with a large number of different sports and athletes.Contact Colton
Wenning Strength Coach
More About Colton Razo
- College football player at NCAA DII level
- Private sector athlete sports performance 2015-2017
- Interned under Matt in 2017
- Graduate Assistant at University of Kansas 2018-2019
- Assistant S&C Coach at SD Mines (Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Volleyball, Track and Field, Football)
- B.S Kinesiology
- M.S Nutrition and Human Performance, concentration in
- Sports Performance and Nutrigenetics CSCS (as of 2018)